Jewelry is an investment. It requires time and maintenance to preserve its value and appearance. Here are 5 helpful tips to help your jewelry look its best:
1. Never shower with your jewelry on
Exposure to heat can disrupt the structure of the jewelry. Over time, the coat can become dull and lose its polished look.
2. Keep your jewelry away from harsh chemicals
Harsh chemicals, sweat, lotion, perfume, chlorine, and the ocean can damage and/or dull your jewelry. It is best to remove your jewelry before participating in strenuous activities, especially if you know you will come into contact with these substances.
3. Remove your jewelry before going to bed
Wearing jewelry in your sleep can cause them to tangle, scratch and eventually break apart. It is best to remove all of your jewelry and lay them flat on a clean surface.
4. Keep chain clasps on to prevent tangles or knots
When you remove your chain, be sure to keep the clasps locked together so the chain does not tangle and create knots. Thinner chains are more susceptible to knots and over time, you may end up breaking the chain trying to unknot it.
5. Store away your jewelry in a proper place
The best place to keep your jewelry safe and clean is in a proper storage space. It can be a box or bag that came with your purchase, a box with appropriate padding, or cloth to protect your jewelry.
Summary: 5 Tips to Keep Your Jewelry Clean
- Never shower with your jewelry on
- Keep your jewelry away from harsh chemicals
- Remove your jewelry before going to bed
- Keep chain clasps on to prevent tangles or knots
- Store away your jewelry in a proper place
Follow the tips listed above to keep your jewelry in the best condition.